Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Daily Dose of God


 

We are created to discover God’s love for us, and then live god’s love in this world until we join the Lord in eternity for all eternity, when every tear will be wiped away and every joy will be complete.

 

 

 

 

In the Song of Songs 8:7 we read, “Deep waters cannot quench love, nor floods sweep it away.  Were one to offer all he owns to purchase love, he would be roundly mocked.”

 


 

 

St. Therese of Lisieux wrote,

"Love proves itself by deeds, and how shall I prove mine? ... I can prove my love only by scattering flowers, that is to say, by never letting slip a single little sacrifice, a single glance, a single word; by making profit of the very smallest actions, by doing them all for love. I want to suffer and even rejoice for love, for this is my way of scattering flowers."  [The Story of a Soul, p. 4-5]

 

 

 

 

  

Thomas Merton wrote, “…the root of Christian love is not the will to love but the faith that one is loved by God … irrespective of one’s worth.  In the true Christian vision of God’s love, the idea of worthiness loses significance.”

 

 

 

 

Jesus true God and true man gives us a glimpse of God’s Kingdom by His life and His Teaching.  He tells us that we are loved by God.  We are called to follow His way, seek His truth and emulate His life. If we do that nothing that happens here on earth can keep us from the joy of the Lord.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment