Friday, October 23, 2020


 

Today we will reflect on Gentleness and God’s Presence

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gentleness

1.    “… nothing wins souls as gentleness and cordiality…. Gentleness encourages [hearts].”

2.    “Love your neighbor so tenderly as never to let a single word escape that might hurt them.”

3.    “Help others along very gently by word and deed and good example, without worrying too much about those who don’t profit from your efforts….  God will be your guide in all things ….”

 


 

 

 

God’s Presence

1.    “To feel God’s presence so intimately and powerfully, so that you are no longer aware of yourself is to have that little drop of water, the self, dissolved in the ocean of divinity.”

2.    “It is a great consolation to know that God sees the bottom of our heart.”

3.    “We must keep our hearts open and wait for the heavenly dew to fall….”

 

 

Spend time with the Lord in the quiet of your heart and seek His gentleness for yourself.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment