Sunday, October 25, 2020

A Daily Dose of God


 

 

 

Walking with the Lord & Humility

 

 

 

 

 

St. Jane de Chantal recommends Walking with the Lord, “You cannot always offer God great things, but at each moment you can offer him little things with great love ….  Live joyously and serenely with whatever our Lord will do with you and for you.”

 

She said, “All God wants of us is our heart.”  

She means our will, our souls our entire life. 

 

St. Jane teaches, “All day and at each hour, even at each moment, if possible, let us raise our hearts to God.”  That takes an interior act of the will, try it.

 

Regarding Humility St. Jane wrote, “The core of humility lies in the very center of our being.  If we have real self-knowledge and love of our lowliness and our nothingness, and if we accept being overlooked by others, then we can be sure we have true humility.  God wants you to be humble, but in the ways he chooses for you, not in those you would choose.”

 

Being humble is the best way to walk with the Lord, give it a try.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 






1 comment:

  1. That’s beautiful Dad! Thanks for sharing all about St. Jane, I didn’t know all that! Lifting my heart to God today and everyday 💚

    ReplyDelete