Friday, October 16, 2020

A Daily Dose of God

 

Take a few minutes today to read and reflect on the powerful poem by Carlo Caretto.  He was a member of the Little Brothers of Jesus, lived a life of prayer and service to the poor on the desert of Algeria.  Among his writings is the classic Letters from the Desert, below he wrote on living the resurrection of Jesus here and now:

 

When you forgive your enemy,
When you feed the hungry,
When you defend the weak,
you believe in the resurrection.


When you have the courage to marry,
When you welcome the newly-born child,
When you build your home,
you believe in the resurrection.


When you wake at peace in the morning,
When you sing to the rising sun,
When you go to work with joy,
you believe in the resurrection.


Belief in the resurrection means filling life with faith,
it means believing in your brother,
it means fearlessness towards all.

 

 

 

Remember to celebrate the Lord's resurrection each day, embracing the spirit of resurrection in forgiveness, generosity, and gratitude.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 

 





1 comment: