Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Daily Dose of God


 

Isaiah gives us this beautiful insight in the scriptures, “Let me now sing of my friend, my friend’s song concerning his vineyard.”  Isaiah writes about the spiritual fruits of judgment and justice.  He wanted his people to change their lives.

 

 

 

 



 

 

In psalm 80 we pray, “O Lord, God of hosts, restore us; if your face shine upon us, then we shall be saved.”  

 

 

 

St. Paul advises us to “Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.”

 

Some day we are going to answer for the way we live our lives here on earth, there will be a judgment day!  You and I are disciples of Christ, we are witnesses to His Gospel!  I recommend we prepare for our Judgment Day – not out of fear but out of love for Jesus.

Christ offers us the vision of how God wants us to live our lives.  A vision of love for and of God!  A vision of love of ourselves and of our families and of our neighbors!  A vision of forgiveness and peace!  A vision of HOPE because Jesus is us the Way, the Truth and the Life. 

Today commit to producing God’s fruit in abundance by loving God and loving your neighbor.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment