Monday, October 26, 2020

A Daily Dose of God

 



Simplicity, Suffering and Death

 

 

 

 

 

Simplicity

Our saint tells us, “We must seek God alone, wish for God alone, tend to God alone.”  Now that is real simplicity, seek God in all things every day.

 

Suffering

Regarding suffering St. Jane offers us this advice, “When you are experiencing some physical pain or sorrowful heart, try to endure it before God, recalling as much as you can that he is watching you at this time of affliction, especially in physical illness when very often the heart is weary and unable to pray.”

 

Recognizing that you are unable to pray when suffering can, in itself, be a form of prayer.  Be satisfied that God knows, and God is with you, you don’t need to do anything, but offer your suffering to the Lord.

 

 

 

St. Jane says, “… suffering borne in the will, quietly and patiently, is continual, very powerful prayer before God, regardless of the complaints and anxieties that come from the lower part of your being….  May God make us strong in his holy love, and soft and supple as a glove….”

 

Death

“Why should we fear are own death.... We are not attentive enough to this truth:  nothing happens outside the will of God and to rest in his arms like a child without fears.”

 

“At the time of someone’s death, truly your sorrow can be great, and when looked at only in terms of this earthly life it is overwhelming.”

 

But we should remember St. Augustine’s insight we here on earth are in “the land of the dying”, those who have gone before us are in “the land of the living.”

 

The psalmist tells us:

“I am sure I shall see the Lord’s goodness

in the land of the living.

Hope in him, hold firm and take heart.

Hope in the Lord!

 

There is one thing I ask of the Lord,

for this I long,

to live in the house of the Lord,

all the days of my life,

to savor the sweetness of the Lord,

to behold his temple”.

 

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment