Thursday, March 12, 2020







THIRTEENTH STATION




I AM TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS




I adore you, O Christ, and I bless you.

Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world

        
The noise has stopped. Mary and a few faithful disciples take me from the cross. They say nothing. They do nothing except, with hearts aching, hold my limp body. All is silent.

You may have been taught that being my disciple is an active role. The more you do to improve yourself, the Church and the world, the better. There are times when you must work, but there are even more crucial times when you must say nothing and do nothing except be with me, your heart aching, as Mary and the faithful disciples were after the crucifixion.




        
After my crucifixion, my disciples waited and watched in silence. Some were closer to me then than before. Do I have to die to get you to listen and love in silence?


Lord Jesus, help me to walk in your steps.

May God Be Praised!





No comments:

Post a Comment