Monday, March 9, 2020

















TENTH STATION
 


I AM STRIPPED OF MY CLOTHES





I adore you, O Christ, and I bless you.

Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.

When I was stripped of my robes, it hurt since parts of them were plastered to my body with caked blood. But it didn’t hurt my ego. By this time I had nothing to cling to. I was emptied.

I want so much for you to know and live the truth symbolized by the ripping off of my clothes. My human life was an emptying of myself so I could be filled by my Father. Your life must be the same.






The more you cling to your superficial self, the more you wrap layers of clothing around you that will one day be stripped off. Your death will be the end of your ego, and all other empires you have been building in a lifetime. If you have died daily to yourself, the stripping of your humanity at death will not hurt so much. You may, like me, not even clutch at them as your clothes are stripped from you.



Lord Jesus, help me walk in your steps.

May God Be Praised!





No comments:

Post a Comment