Friday, March 6, 2020






EIGHTH STATION





 I MEET THE WAILING WOMEN OF JERUSALEM





 
I adore you, O Christ, and I bless you.

Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world

Why wasn’t I more understanding with these weeping women, who, after all, seemed to be showing me sympathy? Instead of graciously accepting their show of concern, I turned on them with the seemingly harsh words: “Don’t weep for me, Weep for yourselves and your children.”

I was harsh because these women were part of a great multitude of curiosity seekers who had turned out to watch an execution. Remember that these women were engaged in a kind of formal religious practice of mourning and lamenting for the dead or condemned. They were weeping for the sake of weeping. They were weeping without really knowing me or my Father.




I am intolerant of religious practice — for its own sake. I detest your religious routines when they are an excuse to avoid your deep personal commitment to me and my Father. Sometimes it is better to be silent, to pour out your heart where no one can hear. Go to your room and pray. When you know for whom you weep, then come to Calvary’s road.



Lord Jesus, help me walk in your steps.

May God Be Praised!







No comments:

Post a Comment