Tuesday, March 3, 2020










FIFTH STATION
Luke 23: 26:https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+23%3A26&version=NABRE




SIMON IS FORCED TO CARRY MY CROSS

I adore you, O Christ, and I bless you.



Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world


I felt badly for Simon of Cyrene. He had no way of preparing for what happened to him. He was a farm hand coming in from the fields when the soldiers forced him to carry my cross. I overheard him complain to himself, “Why me?”
        
Don’t you dare condemn Simon. You would have been startled, reluctant and bitter, too, if you had been in his shoes.




        
You must learn, as Simon did, that much in life is not just and fair. You will be startled by crosses thrust upon you when you least expect them. When that happens, my Father and I will not hold against you your reflexive cry of ‘Why me?’ But you must quickly move beyond that. You must not spend your life looking for “reasons” for your crosses. You may never know until you die.
        
Learn this from Simon’s plight. My Father uses anything and anyone to accomplish salvation.


Lord Jesus, help us walk in your steps.

May God Be Praised!







No comments:

Post a Comment