Thursday, June 3, 2021

Where Are You Going?

 

 

"Lord, help me to make time today to serve you in those who are most in need of encouragement or assistance."   St. Vincent de Paul

 

 

 

In the days before there were electronic tickets, Albert Einstein was traveling from Princeton on a train, and when the conductor came down the aisle to punch the passengers’ tickets, Einstein couldn’t find his. He looked in his vest pocket, he looked in his pants pocket, he looked in his briefcase, but there was no ticket. The conductor was gracious; “Not to worry, Dr. Einstein, I know who you are, we all know who you are, and I’m sure you bought a ticket.”

 

As the conductor moved down the aisle, he looked back and noticed Einstein on his hands and knees, searching under the seat for his ticket. The conductor returned to Einstein; “Dr. Einstein, Dr. Einstein, don’t worry. I know who you are. You don’t need a ticket, I’m sure you bought one.” Einstein arose and said, “Young man, I too know who I am; what I don’t know is where I am going.”

Where do you want to go and how are you planning to get there?  Robert Frost wrote, ‘Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.”

 

 

 

Yogi Berra said, “When you come to a fork in the road, take it!”

  

“I believe that each day we do come to a fork in the road and taking the Path of Christ is the road less travelled, but what a difference.”  [Dcn. Kelly]

Blessed travels.

St. Joseph pray for us. 

St. Andre Bessette intercede for us. 

May God Be Praised!  

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment