Monday, June 21, 2021

Living in a Dark World Carrying the Light of Christ


Today, it is difficult not to be afraid, but Jesus tells us Not to Be Afraid.  Fr. Bob Dufford, S.J wrote the famous hymn “Be Not Afraid” in 1972, he added another verse years later after his father died.

 

Let me share it with you: “And when the earth has turned beneath you and your voice is seldom heard, When the flood of gifts that blessed, your life has long since ebbed away, When your mind is thick and hope is thin and dark is all around, I will stand beside you till the dawn.”

 

Jesus stands with us till the dawn.  He wants us to Not Be Afraid, the Lord calls us by name, and He will be with us till the dawn, He will be with us for eternity.  We pray in the Psalms, “O Lord, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and when I stand …. Truly you have formed my innermost being, you knit me in my mother’s womb.”  God who created us, God knows us intimately, and love us totally.

 

In the darkness of our world, we are called to be light and hope for all who meet us - by the lives we live.  Spend some time before the Blessed Sacrament this week and ask God to fill you with the Grace you need to “Be Not Afraid.”

 

St. Joseph pray for us. 

St. Andre Bessette intercede for us. 

May God Be Praised!





No comments:

Post a Comment