Monday, June 7, 2021

Pandemic Prayer of Thanksgiving

 


“Incline my heart according to your will, O God.”  [Responsory Morning Prayer 6/02/2021]

 

St. Brendan the Navigator, one of the great the Irish saints wrote this poem as a prayer, "Help me to journey beyond the familiar and into the unknown.

Give me the faith to leave old ways and break fresh ground with You.

Christ of the mysteries, I trust You to be stronger than each storm within me.

I will trust in the darkness and know that my times, even now, are in Your hand.

Tune my spirit to the music of heaven, and somehow, make my obedience count for You."  Amen.

 

Dear God, You are our refuge and hope, we turned to You during the COVID 19 Pandemic and pleaded for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and compassion, You carried the dead home with You and gave us the grace to comfort each other.

As the Pandemic eases and we look to return to “normal” life, may that “normal” life be based on prayer and thanksgiving for You and for the many blessings You have given us during this difficult time.  May we allow Your light to guide us as we continue our earthly journey and prepare for the gift of eternal love.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

St. Joseph pray for us. 

St. Andre Bessette intercede for us. 

May God Be Praised!  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment