Thursday, June 17, 2021

 

 

 

John Wooden, the legendary basketball coach from UCLA offered us this important insight, “Talent is God-given.  Be humble.  Fame is man-given.  Be grateful.  Conceit is self-given.  Be careful.”

 

 

The Greek Playwright Aeschylus wrote, “All men make mistakes, a good man yields when he knows he is wrong and repairs the evil, the only sin is pride.”  Pride isn’t the only sin, but Pride is often the root of many of our sins.

Lord God, open my heart to praise your Holy Name, cleanse me from any worthless, evil, or distracting thought.  Hear my plea, fill me with Your Love that I may shine forth Your Radiance to the world.  Lord, listen to my petitions, hear my requests, my pleas and answer me.  You are our refuge and hope, we turned to You during the COVID 19 Pandemic and pleaded for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and compassion, You carried the dead home with You and gave us the grace to comfort each other.  As the Pandemic eases and we look to return to “normal” life, may that “normal” be based on prayer and thanksgiving for You and for the many blessings You gave us during these difficult times.  May we allow Your light to guide us as we continue our earthly journey and prepare for the gift of eternal love.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

St. Joseph, pray for us.

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.

May God Be Praised!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment