Monday, June 14, 2021

A Singular Privilege and Reflecting on the Eucharist


 

At the Consecration Jesus is made present, and heaven meets earth, once again.  When we receive the Eucharist, God blesses us with knowing and loving His Real Presence.  Yesterday I had a singular privilege of giving my grandson Declan his first Holy Communion, the Bread of Life.  

 

I was filled with emotions of gratitude, thanksgiving and love of God and love of my family.  After offering Declan his 1st Holy Communion I was able to give communion to my daughter Elizabeth [Declan’s Mom] and bless my son-in-law Kyle [Declan’s father] and two of their other children Deacon George & Maren.

Assisting at the First Holy Communion Mass was profound blessing.  Msgr. John Hopkins, pastor of St. Margaret of Scotland Catholic Church, was a gracious host and offered a beautiful homily on the Gospel of the day.

 

My wife Joanne, Declan’s grandmother affectionately known as “G” was there for the great celebration, she is pictured here with Declan and me.  God’s blessings are many, this was a memorable one.

Remember Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin, “Holy Communion is Jesus’ way of saying as Christopher Robin once said to Pooh, ‘Forever isn’t long at all when I’m with you.’’        [America, “The Gospel according to Winnie the Pooh”, Terrance Klein, 4/24/19]

Jesus is with us in the Eucharist and in His Word, maybe forever isn’t that long after all.  Today take some time to reflect on the Eucharist: Jesus instituted the Eucharist at His Last Supper, He purified it with His Crucifixion, He Perfected it with His Resurrection, and He Completed it with His Ascension and now He offers it to us.

St. Joseph pray for us. 

St. Andre Bessette intercede for us. 

May God Be Praised!  





2 comments: