Saturday, December 5, 2020

A Daily Dose of God


 

 

 

 

"Stay Awake!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A young professional woman from Ohio decided to seek her fortune,

discern her vocation, and potentially change her life for the better by

moving to England. She relocated to London where she began to

pursue an advanced degree, seeking new opportunities in the work

world.

 

One of the things she took with her from the Midwest was an insatiable love for the Chicago Cubs. She followed the games on the internet, listening to the live feed. The problem with this arrangement was that, when the games began, usually at seven or eight o’clock in the evening in the United States, it was one or two o’clock the following morning in London. That made for a very late — or early — bedtime.

 


In the year when the Cubs were on the verge of qualifying for the World Series, she listened to every Cubs game that year, and after tuning in to the game that was to decide the Cubs’ fate, the inevitable happened. She fell asleep and awoke only in time to hear the post-game wrap-up. The Cubs had won. They were in the Series. She had missed all the excitement.

 

On her Facebook page she lamented, “I’ve waited years for a

moment like this, and of course I slept through it!”  [Sermons.com]

 

Don’t sleep through this Advent look for opportunities to grow in the Lord.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

                                            Advent Prayer 

                                                               

Lord, my God, I praise you with my voice, and with my actions.  I give You my heart today, grant me the courage to give it to You every day.  My life is a gift from You, to You I offer my thoughts and deeds.  Lord, my God, Grant me the Courage to Listen to You voice and follow You.

 

                                            COVID PANDEMIC PRAYER

 

You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to You during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” strength to the first responders, compassion and endurance to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to guide me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me the solace of Your eternal love today.  Amen.  [Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic Adopted by Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment