Sunday, December 13, 2020

A Daily Dose of God: Gaudete Sunday

 

The prophet Isaiah said, “But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, and formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name: you are mine.”



Spend a few minutes listening to “In the bleak midwinter”:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE0aIQp9V4s

 

Now spend some time reflecting on this verse:

“What can I give Him, poor as I am?

If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;

If I were a Wise Man. I would do my part;

Yet what I can give Him: I can give my heart.” (1872 Christina Rossetti, In a bleak midwinter)

 

Give your heart, your soul, your cares and your worries to the Lord, He is waiting for them and for you.  Find a little time today to Rejoice for the Lord is near, close than you think.

 

May God Be Praised!

                                                            COVID PANDEMIC PRAYER

You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to You during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” strength to the first responders, compassion and endurance to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to guide me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me the solace of Your eternal love today.  Amen.  [Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic Adopted by Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 

 






1 comment: