Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A Daily Dose of God - Adventv Readiness


 

                                                                     

Lord, my God, I praise you with my voice, and with my actions.  I give You my heart today and grant me the courage to give it to You every day.  My life is a gift from You, to You I offer my thoughts and actions.  Lord, my God, Grant me the Courage to Listen to Your voice and follow You

 

 

While on a South Pole expedition, British explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton left a few men on Elephant Island, promising that he would return. Later, when he tried to go back, huge icebergs blocked the way. But suddenly, as if by a miracle, an avenue opened in the ice and Shackleton was able to get through.

 

  

His men, ready and waiting, quickly scrambled aboard. No sooner had the ship cleared the island than the ice crashed together behind them. Contemplating their

narrow escape, the explorer said to his men, "It was fortunate you

were all packed and ready to go!" 

 

 

  

They replied, "We never gave up hope. Whenever the sea was clear of ice, we rolled up our sleeping bags and reminded each other, 'He may come today.'"  Unknown [Sermons.com] 

Advent is the season we are given to remind us that Jesus will return, but when and where we are not privy to know.  We are called to be ready for the Second Coming of the Lord, by how we live our lives now.  Keep your spiritual life “ready and waiting” for you know not the hour nor the day. 

May God Be Praised!

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 






No comments:

Post a Comment