Saturday, December 12, 2020

A Daily Dose of God


 

Pope Francis’ Letter Read at 10-year-old Paolina’s Funeral in Massafra, Italy in 2016.  His letter to a Dying Girl it can help us prepare for Christmas and for life.

 

Dearest Paolina,

Your photos are on my desk, because in your truly special gaze I see the light of goodness and of innocence. Thanks for sending them to me! Read this letter together with your Mother and the kiss that she will give you now will be the kiss of the Pope.

 


I join my hands to yours and to those of all those who are praying for you. And so we will make a long chain that, I’m sure, will reach to heaven. But remember that the first link in this chain is you, because you have Jesus in your heart!

Remember that! So, speak to Him, tell Him about yourself, but also talk about your mom and dad who have so much need of help and comfort in the face of the very difficult steps they are facing. You will certainly be a very good girl by suggesting to Jesus what to do for them!

Remember, too, to tell Him what He should do for me, too, while I remember the things, He ought to do for you. I give you a very, very big hug, and I bless you, together with your parents and your loved ones, with all my heart.

Francis

 

The Pope’s powerful letter and Advent remind us that our time here on earth is limited, reflect on how you are using your time!

 

May God Be Praised!

 

COVID PANDEMIC PRAYER

You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to You during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” strength to the first responders, compassion and endurance to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to guide me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me the solace of Your eternal love today.  Amen.  [Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic Adopted by Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment