Wednesday, December 2, 2020

A Daily Dose of God - Hope

 


 

Prayer                                                               

Lord, my God, I praise you with my voice, and with my actions.  I give You my heart today, grant me the courage to give it to You every day.  My life is a gift from You, to You I offer my thoughts and deeds.  Lord, my God, Grant me the Courage to Listen to Your voice and follow You.

 

 

 

We cannot live without HOPE!  We need and we desire something to live for a purpose!  Isaiah reminds us that the God is our Father, He forms us as a potter forms the clay, but in our case, we must remain pliable! 

 

The psalms teach us to see God’s face and St. Paul reminds us be thankful for the GIFT of Jesus Christ!  St. Mark wants us to be “WATCHFUL” “ALERT”

 

The Church, including you and me, must preserve in holiness while we await the 2nd Coming of Christ.  St. Francis de Sales teaches us that we are each called to Holiness & praying is fundamental to waiting in HOPE, “… first be little & humble, second be hope-filled, & third keep our minds fixed on Jesus Christ” (Everyday with deSales, 11/8)

 

 

 


 

On the first Sunday we lite the first candle on our Advent Wreath – let it remind us that we must bring Christ’s light to the world. 

 

May God Be Praised!

 

COVID PANDEMIC PRAYER

 

You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to You during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” strength to the first responders, compassion and endurance to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to guide me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me the solace of Your eternal love today.  Amen.  [Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic Adopted by Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment