Sunday, January 29, 2023

Blog Post 1/29/2023 – Worry & Anxiety

 



                                                                  Worry & Anxiety

"Though the fig tree do not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation."  [Habakkuk 3:17-18]

St. Francis de Sales offers us this advice on worry/anxiety, “With the single exception of sin, anxiety is the greatest evil that can happen to a soul.” 

The Gentleman Saint said, “Do not look forward in fear to the changes and chances of this life; Rather, look to them with full confidence that, as they arise, God, to whom you belong will in His love enable you to profit by them.  He has guided you thus far in life, and He will lead you safely through all trials; and when you cannot stand it, God will bury you in His arms."

Pray

“You are my God; be gracious to me, Lord… to you I call all day…. to you, Lord, I lift up my soul….  Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help….  Lord, help and comfort me.”  [Psalm 86]

 So, when worry and anxiety enter your heart or your mind, take a deep breath – exhale the worry & anxiety into God’s hands.  Then ask God to fill you with peace, joy and trust.   Deacon George

 

May God Be Praised.





No comments:

Post a Comment