Monday, November 29, 2021

Blog Post 11/29/2021 Advent - Seeking God, the One Who Seeks Us


 

Seeking God, the One Who Seeks Us

 

In 1 Samuel 16:7b we read, “Not as man sees does God see, because man sees the appearance but the Lord looks into the heart.”  Then in psalm 62 we pray, “In God alone be at rest, my soul; for my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock, my stronghold, my fortress: I stand firm.  In God is my safety and glory, the rock of my strength.  Take refuge in God, all you people.  Trust him at all times.

Pour out your hearts before him for God is our refuge.” 

 

Cardinal Cantalamessa points out that, “Every other religion starts with what we have to do for God, Christianity starts with what God has done for us.”   And St. Thomas Aquinas said, "In this life no one can fulfill his longing, nor can any creature satisfy man’s desire. Only God satisfies, he infinitely exceeds all other pleasures. That is why man can rest in nothing but God." 

 

So, what are we to do, let me share three insights with you:

1.    May the lives we live light the path to the Lord and may those who follow us find us faithful and joyful.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

2.    The rhythm of our soul is found in the rhythm of God, so we must allow the Holy Spirit to mold our hearts, our minds and our souls to God.

In doing that, our lives reflect God to the world and the joy of discipleship permeates our being.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

3.    When you are having difficulty praying, [try this prayer] ‘God I am having a tough time praying, thank you for being with me.’  And if that is all you do every day for the rest of your life, God will be pleased, and you will pray well.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

May your day be blessed, and may your life be filled with the grace that God offers you.

 

“Tune my spirit to the music of heaven.”  [St. Brendan the Navigator]

St. Joseph pray for us. 

St. Francis de Sales pray for us. 

May God Be Praised.





No comments:

Post a Comment