Thursday, November 25, 2021

Blog Post 11/25/2021 - Thanksgiving, Why be Thankful and The Tin Man and a New Heart

 

The late archbishop of Chicago Cardinal Francis E. George, O.M.I., put it best: “Recognizing that none of us is self-made and unwilling to declare ourselves a cosmic accident, we turn to the Author of all that is and say thanks. In the face of a gift that cannot be matched in return, all one can do is be grateful.”



The Tin Man and a New Heart

In a way we are like the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz searching for a heart, the heart that God originally created for us, then sin enter the world and we became disorientated.  The Wizard of Oz the Tin Man sought a heart, Jesus came to restore our heart to its’ proper cosmic direction – God.

 

“I will give you a new heart
and place a new spirit within you,
taking from your bodies your stony hearts
and giving you natural hearts.

I will put my spirit within you
and make you live by my statutes,
careful to observe my decrees.

You shall live in the land I gave your fathers;
you shall be my people,
and I will be your God.”  [Ezekiel 36:24-28]

I will create a new heart in you, and breathe into you a new spirit.”

Ezekiel’s prophecy anticipated the Messiah’s call to reorient our hearts and place God’s will first and foremost in our life.

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us.

St. Joseph, pray for us.

St. Andre Bessette, intercede for us. 

St. Francis de Sales, pray for us.

“Tune my spirit to the music of heaven.”  [St. Brendan the Navigator]

                                                      

 May God Be Praised and your day be Blessed.

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment