Tuesday, April 7, 2020



My twin granddaughters on Palm Sunday created this chalk Cross on their driveway, may it remind us of this Holiest of Weeks.

Today and throughout the COVID 19 Pandemic I will start my blog with this prayer and I ask you to join me and pray it out loud or in silence.  The Lord hears our cry.

 
“Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.” [Psalm 143]

God, You are our refuge and our hope, we turn to you during this Covid 19 pandemic and plead for Your intercession.

In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” [Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic].

Grant strength to the first responders and medical personnel.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Bring Your light to all who wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give each of us hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]


COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer




Tuesday of Holy Week - Jesus Meets His Mother

Mary shares with us, “Our eyes met, mine full of tears and anguish, his full of pain and confusion.  I felt helpless ….”

As I walked “… side by side with my son,” I looked at Him and He looked at me, His eyes filled with love for me and for you.  His compassion for my pain and your pain was communicated through a glance of His eyes.


He continued His Way and I [Mary] continued with Him, and I thought about Gabriel’s visit, my Son in His manger, His teaching in the Temple, His preaching throughout the countryside, God’s great love lived by Him and now Calvary – Why Calvary, Why Now, Why Ever?
  
His eyes said TRUST ME, I will make all things work for good. 
TRUST ME.    

Lord Jesus, as I walk in your steps, please bring an end to the COVID 19 Pandemic.  Amen.

May God Be Praised!











No comments:

Post a Comment