Wednesday, April 8, 2020







COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer









“Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.” [Psalm 143]

God, You are our refuge and our hope, we turn to you during this Covid 19 pandemic and plead for Your intercession.

In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” [Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic].

Grant strength to the first responders and medical personnel.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Bring Your light to all who wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give each of us hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 
Wednesday of Holy Week


Simon Helps Jesus
   
(Mary) “I could now see almost complete helplessness on the face of my son as he tried to carry his heavy load …. I felt his every pain in my heart, and I wanted the whole thing to end.”

The guards pulled a man from the crowd, an onlooker named Simon, and forced him to help my Son. 

Simon asked Why me?

Do you ever ask Why me?

We are called to follow Mary’s example, follow silently.

Lord Jesus, as I walk in your steps, please bring an end to the COVID 19 Pandemic.  Amen.

May God Be Praised!






No comments:

Post a Comment