Thursday, March 17, 2022

Blog Post – 3/17/2022 Our Lenten Journey on St. Patrick’s day


 

 

Our Lenten Journey on St. Patrick’s day

 


Spend a few minutes reflecting on these words from Saint Patrick's Breastplate (Christ Be Beside Me)

 

“Christ be with me

Christ before me

Christ behind me

Christ in me

Christ beneath me

Christ above me

Christ on my right

Christ on my left

Christ where I lie

Christ where I sit

Christ where I arise

Christ in the heart of every man

who thinks of me

Christ in the mouth of every man

who speaks of me

Christ in every eye that sees me

Christ in every ear that hears me

Salvation is of the Lord.”

 

I offer this Irish Toast as my prayer for you today:

“May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields

and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.”

 

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, intercede for us.

St. Michael, ask God to help the Ukrainians.

May God Be Praised and your day be Blessed.

 

And with St. Francis de Sales let us remember, "We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God."

 





No comments:

Post a Comment