Saturday, February 19, 2022

Blog Post – 2/19/2022 – Moms & Motherhood

Moms & Motherhood

 

St. Thérèse of Lisieux said, “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.”

 

On the lighter side on motherhood.

 

“My mother taught me religion. She used to say things like, ‘You better pray that comes out of the carpet.’

 

My mother taught me medicine: ‘If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they're going to freeze that way.’

 

My mother taught me how to be a contortionist: ‘Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!’

 

My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done: ‘If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning!’

 

My mother taught me about genetics: ‘You are just like your father!’

 

My mother taught me logic: ‘Because I said so, that's why.’

 

I don't know if any of you had mothers like that. Maybe we all had a mother like that. But here's a more profound question: Do you know anyone whose mother prays for them daily? Several of you are in that category.  [Sermons.com 5/09/2021]

 

 

That is the category my Mom was in, she prayed for her children daily, so today I close where I started, St. Thérèse of Lisieux said, “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.”

 

Today say a prayer of thanks for your Mom and for all Moms and for the Blessed Mother.

 


 

 

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us.

St. Francis de Sales lift our prayers to the Lord.

May God Be Praised and your day be Blessed.

 





1 comment: