Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Update on the Laurie Kelly Miracle Story, and her trusted inspirational side kick and husband Brian on how the Kennesaw Kelly’s Family are Doing

 

Excerpts taken from Brian’s Update on Laurie Progress:

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lauriekelly2/support https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lauriekelly2/support  

The time frame that Brian is sharing with us is March 5, 2021 – May 15, 2021 from his post on CaringBridge was on 5/15/2021.

I cannot believe it is already the middle of May and summer is right around the corner, where has the time gone! The kids are super excited for school to be out. I was kidding with CJ at the bus stop the other morning, when he said, “Dad, did you know next week is our last full week of school?”, I said, “CJ your last full week of school was February 24, 2020.” All kidding aside it is nice to know that it

appears we are finally on the back half of this pandemic, which at times felt like it would never end. The struggle over the last 14 months was real for everyone, and I am happy to say we are finally in a great routine which is about to get blown up when the kids exit school for the year, but I know I will have help along the way from friends which is comforting to know. As time has proven over the course of the nearly 3 years, I have learned how to hit life’s curve balls with the best

of them.

 

Laurie is progressing slow and steady which is very encouraging. I believe the last update Laurie was just starting aqua therapy, well she is practically a fish now!

 


The very first time she got into the pool I was there to make sure she would be able to handle it.  What an adventure!  She gets lowered into the pool by a chair, it dips her in slowly, and then she was met by me (which she was not thrilled about). As with everything, we learned a lot that first time….  Beyond Therapy at Shepherd and Next Step goes, Laurie continues to be pushed to the limits improving her endurance 6 hours a week from walking on treadmills, using elliptical machines, to being on loco mats, walking outside up and down slight inclines, and strengthening her core and affected arm and leg. She is gassed when she gets out of those sessions, but it is all good progress.

 

She will transition from Beyond Therapy/Next Step back to Shepherd Pathways sometime in June when they reopen Pathways for in person therapy which will likely be speech, physical, and occupational therapy for the next few months. It will likely limit her ability to go to Next Step, but we will figure that out as her schedule is determined. The best part of getting back into Pathways is that

insurance picks up the tab for the therapy’s and not me!!!....  I just can’t believe how far Laurie has come and that she continues to progress in the manner in which she is. It really is a miracle and living proof that even with deck stacked against you, you always have a chance.

 

There is always a way, but you must keep the faith and believe it.  Proverbs 3:6, “In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths”. I did not realize how true that statement was until there were no more options the evening of July 4th or 5th in 2018. I wish I could visually see how crooked and windy my paths were prior to this event. I am sure there were times when my path was straight too, but what happened to Laurie/our family has taught me more than I could have ever imagined.

 

Every time I am feeling overwhelmed, or my world is crashing and burning around me, I just take some time to remove myself from the moment, and I just know that a straight path will be shown to me at some point, and it will work out. The load that I carry every day is immense, but it is doable because I located that path, and took that the first step.

 

Thank you for your continued support, texts, prayers, calls, emails, and well wishes!

#LaurieStrong


St. Joseph, pray for us.

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.

May God Be Praised!







No comments:

Post a Comment