Sunday, May 9, 2021

Mother’s Day 2021

 

Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom, my wife Joanne [mother of our five children and grandmother to our ten grandchildren], my daughter Elizabeth, my daughters-in-law: Laurie and Amy.  

Like the Blessed Mother who nurtured, supported, and affirmed Jesus during His life, mothers have the task of molding our lives and helping us be the best person we can be. 

They have the unique ability to help their children no matter the age of those children.  Our children have been blessed many times over by the love lived day in and day out by my wife Joanne.   

A mom’s influence never ends.  Maybe this story can illustrate that point.

 

“Phil Keith, the former police chief of Knoxville, Tennessee, tells of receiving a call from his mother while he was in the middle of a televised press conference.

 

Keith knew his mother wouldn’t call him under those circumstances unless something was seriously wrong, so he excused himself from the press conference to answer the phone.  When his mother picked up the phone, she said, ‘Phil Keith, are you chewing gum?’

 

He said, ‘Um, yes, ma’am.’  She said, ‘Well, it looks awful. Spit it out.’  So, Police Chief Phil Keith spit out his gum and returned to finish the press conference. Isn’t it amazing the power mothers have over our lives?  [Sermons.Com May 9, 2021]

 

Today pray for your mother living or deceased, and pray for her every day because of the many sacrifices she has made for you.  

I was richly blessed by my Mom and I know she still is looking out for me and praying for me.   

Moms are a wonderful gift from God, so important that God created one, Mary, for His own Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ.  Jesus loved His Mother, remember the miracle at Cana?  

Today offer a prayer of thanksgiving to the Blessed Mother and for your Mom.

 

A Mother’s Prayer

 

If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place, but have not love, I am a housekeeper--not a homemaker.

If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements, but have not love, my children learn cleanliness - not godliness.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh.

Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.

Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.

Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.

Love is present through the trials.

Love reprimands, reproves, and is responsive.

Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs with the child, then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.

Love is the key that opens salvation's message to a child's heart. Before I became a mother, I took glory in my house of perfection.

Now I glory in God's perfection of my child.

As a mother, there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of all is love.

Author Unknown [Sermons.com 5/09/2021]

 


A Special Blessing as we remember and celebrate Mothers:

 

Loving God, as a mother gives life and nourishment to her children, so You watch over Your Church; bless all women who encourage and love. 

May their example of faith and support shine forth each day. 

Grant them the respect and profound love they deserve for sharing their glimpse of Your Divine Goodness.

 

May all the mothers living, deceased and to come be blessed today and every day.

 

St. Joseph, pray for us.

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.

May God Be Praised!

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment