Saturday, May 8, 2021

Pandemic Prayer Time in the Morning



 

Morning Prayer Time

 

During the COVID 19 Pandemic, I Begin My Day Praying the Prayers Below Before I Pray the Liturgy of the Hours

 

My God, I give you this day.

I offer you, now, all the good

that I shall do …

and

I promise to accept, for love of you,

all the difficulty that I shall meet.

Help me to conduct myself during this day in a manner [most] pleasing to you.

 

Lord God, open my heart to praise your Holy Name, cleanse me from any worthless, evil, or distracting thought.  Grant me the wisdom I need to pray this Liturgy of the Word with reverence and love.  Hear my plea, fill me with Your Love that I may shine forth Your Radiance to the world.  Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.” 

 

You are my refuge and hope, I turn to You during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” strength and endurance to the first responders, compassion and empathy to the medical personnel, wisdom, and courage to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to guide me as I wander in darkness and give me the solace of Your eternal love today.  Amen.  [Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic Adopted by Dcn. George Kelly]

 

“Come, Holy Spirit, [Come] fill my heart.  And kindle in me the fire of Your Divine love.  Send forth Your Spirit and I shall be created.  And You will renew the face of the earth.” 

 

St. Joseph, pray for us.

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.


 

 

Then I pray the Office of Readings and Morning Prayer from the Church’s Liturgy of the Hours.

 

May God Be Praised! 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment