Tuesday, September 1, 2020


Yesterday, August 31, 2020 in the Liturgy of the Hours [Morning Prayer & the Office of Readings, Pss II] we prayed from Jeremiah and from Proverbs: “When I found your words, I devoured them; they became my joy and the happiness of my heart, Because I bore your name,
O Lord, God of hosts.”  [Jeremiah 15:16]

“… surrender your heart to me
and keep your eyes on my footsteps.
– Then I will place a crown of grace on your head.
… open your heart to my wisdom; listen to what I say.
– Then I will place a crown of grace on your head.”  [Proverbs 23:26; 1:9; 5:1; 4:20]




Today take a few minutes to read from the Sacred Scriptures and allow God to speak to your heart, your soul, your entire being.

May God Be Praised!

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.” [Psalm 143]   God, You are our refuge and our hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” [Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Bring Your light to all who wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give us hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]








1 comment: