Tuesday, September 8, 2020

A Daily Dose of God



What would you say to Jesus if He asked you, “What do you wish me to do for you?”   
Would you ask for wealth, good looks, fame, healing?   

Would you ask to be a Servant?   

Would you ask for the grace to love your neighbor as yourself?

Fr. John Kavanaugh, S.J. wrote, “Suffering can stretch and widen the human soul, making it large enough to know God.”  [Saint Louis University Sunday Web Site, 10-21-18]
Remember Jesus who is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, “Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.  Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself ….” [Philippians 2: 6-8]

Jesus came to earth to serve; we are called by Him to do the same.  “Jesus’ humility was born of his love for His Father and for the world.  Because he loves, Jesus is willing to endure anything – even death – in order to save the human race.”  [Sunday Salesian, 10/21/18] 
  
Take a few minutes today and think about the servants you have been privileged to know – thank God for them and ask God for the grace to emulate them and imitate Jesus!
May God Be Praised!
 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 






1 comment: