Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Daily Dose of God


 

Take a few minutes today and reflect on the Gift of your Baptism and your Faith.

 

 

 


 

This short prayer taken directly from Psalm 51 summarizes the symbolism found in using holy water.  Making the sign of the cross with holy water is a prayer in itself and asks the Holy Trinity to surround us with protection and grace.

 

However, there is also an additional prayer that can be said (though certainly not required) that is found in the Golden Manual. It is a short prayer that is taken directly from Psalm 51, and perfectly summarizes the symbolism found in using holy water to bless ourselves.

 

In Christian theology water is seen as a means of purification, and so we ask God to cleanse us every time we use holy water. Below is a prayer that may lead to a deeper experience of blessing yourself with holy water, [which you can pray now and pray with holy water from the font when the COVID Pandemic ends and you dip your fingers into the Holy Water Font once again].

 

“Sprinkle me, O Lord, with hyssop, and I shall be cleansed;

wash me, and I shall be made whiter than the snow.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.”

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment