Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Daily Dose of God

Living as a disciple of Jesus Christ

 

St. Francis de Sales offers us an important lesson for following Christ, "Always be impartial and just in your deeds. Put yourself into your neighbor’s place, and him in yours, and then you will judge fairly . . . Frequently, therefore, examine your heart, whether it is so disposed towards your neighbor, as you would have his disposed towards you, were you to change places; for this is the true test."  [Introduction to the Devout Life, p.226]

 

 

 

 

 


St. Paul reminds us in this reading from Colossians, “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”  [Colossians 3:12-16]

 

 


And is Psalm 57 we pray, “My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready.  I will sing, I will sing your praise.  Awake, my soul, awake, lyre & harp, I will awake the dawn.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

So today we are challenged to walk in the shoes of our neighbor, to let the peace of Christ reign in our hearts, hearts that are ready for God to enter, live and thrive.  If we do that we will live in peace and we will be filled with the joy of the Lord.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

Continue to pray, Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment