Tuesday, September 22, 2020

A Daily Dose of God

Today take a few minutes and talk to God about TRUTH, STORMS IN LIFE, SALVATION and PRAYER.

 

St. Juliana of Norwich wrote, "Truth sees God, and wisdom contemplates God, and from these two comes a third, a holy and wonderful delight in God, who is love."

 


 

 

St. Thomas More taught us, "You must not abandon the ship in a storm because you cannot control the winds . . . What you cannot turn to good, you must at least make as little bad as you can." 

 

 

In Revelation we learn, “Salvation is from our God, who is seated on the throne, and from the Lamb! Praise and glory, wisdom and thanksgiving and honor, power and might, to our God forever and ever. Amen!”  [Revelation 7:10,

 


 

St. Therese of Lisieux said, "For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy."

 

As your heart surges honor God, and the COVID storm surrounds us seek God and solace in our God today and every day.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

Continue to pray, Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 

 

 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment