Tuesday, August 4, 2020


Today we Pray in green because green is the color of Hope, whatever you Hope for, Hope for it in the Lord.

“Father, creator and ruler of heaven and earth, you made us in your likeness to subdue the earth and master it, and to recognize the work of your hands in created beauty.  Grant that your children, thus surrounded on all sides by signs of your presence, may live continually in Christ, praising you through him and with him.”  [Psalm Prayer]

Amid the ongoing dark cloud of the COVID 19 pandemic, grant us Your Peace and Your Hope as we walk this journey.

(We long) for the Lord ’s presence in his Temple. (Psalm 42)
And we know that You will quench our thirst because You told us in Revelations, “Let all who thirst come; let all who desire it, drink from the life-giving water.  (Revelation 22:17)


Habakkuk prayed as we should pray, “Lord, I heard what you gave me to hear, and I was struck with awe of your work…. I will rejoice in the Lord, take joy in God my savior.  The Lord God is my strength.  He will make me as sure-footed as the deer.  He will lead me up to the heights.”

 

Join me and cry out from the depths of your heart to the Lord who hears us.  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.” [Psalm 143]

God, You are our refuge and our hope, we turn to you during this COVID 19 pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” [Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

Provide strength to the first responders and medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Bring Your light to all who wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give each of us hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

May God Be Praised!











No comments:

Post a Comment