Friday, August 14, 2020




St. Thomas Aquinas wrote, "Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious". 




 


St. Therese of Lisieux reflected, "Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love."






Pray this Litany slowly and mindfully to focus on what is really important.

“For putting second things first …
Lord have mercy!

For not rejoicing in God’s love …
Lord have mercy!

For getting lost in what doesn’t matter …Lord have mercy!

For cluttering my life, and the lives of those dear to me …
Lord, have mercy!

For collecting things at the expense of people …
Lord, have mercy!

For simple gifts … I thank you Lord!
For your presence in my life … I thank you Lord!

For your love … I thank you Lord!
For knowing my name … I thank you Lord!
For reminding me what really matters … I thank you Lord!

May God Be Praised!


Join me and cry out from the depths of your heart to the Lord who hears us. 

“Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.” [Psalm 143]
God, You are our refuge and our hope, we turn to you during this COVID 19 pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….” [Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

Provide strength to the first responders and medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Bring Your light to all who wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give each of us hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]









No comments:

Post a Comment