Friday, September 27, 2019




We are called to Lead By Following Jesus! ( 2nd of three parts)

St. Paul shared this insight with us, “No longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.”  We (you and I) are called to be Saints - that is the goal of Christian life, and “Saints are people who do ordinary, extraordinarily well.”
(St. Francis de Sales)

In fact, “There’s more to get thrilled about in the ordinary than the extraordinary.” (Colors, p. 73) We should live this wise insight, “Don’t waste your time trying to get people to love you. Instead, spend your time loving people and the other will follow.” (Colors, p. 78)



In Matthew’s Gospel (25: 31 – 46), Jesus tells us how we will be judged.

Thank you for responding to Jesus’ call to “Live Jesus”, to be His disciple.  St. Thomas, he gets a bad rap!  Thomas is mentioned four times in the Scriptures.  He could be Courageous Thomas, Questioning Thomas or Believing Thomas.

But he has been called Doubting Thomas, maybe so we have a saint to go too when we doubt, when we have reservations!


The way we live, our words but more importantly our actions, present Jesus to the world or cast “doubt” on Christianity.  Christianity is hard work, hard work filled with joy but hard work nonetheless.

Josh Groban has a wonderful song,
“You raise me up…to more than I can be.”
When I am down & oh my soul, so weary.
When troubles come & my heart burdened be.
Then, I am still & wait here in the silence.
Until you come & sit a while with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up…to more than I can be.

Beautiful song BUT God raises us up to “BE ALL THAT WE CAN BE” – people made in God’s image and likeness! Remember that old Army commercial: troops, tanks “Be all that you can be join the Army!”

St. Francis de Sales tells us to “Be who you are and be that well, to give honor to the Master Craftsman whose handiwork you are.”  Remember you are someone made in the image and likeness of God!




No comments:

Post a Comment