Wednesday, September 18, 2019




My son Brian came across this quote from Albert Einstein, “There are two ways you can live, you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as everything is a miracle”. 







 
Prior to July 4, 2018 I didn’t live as is everything was a miracle, but I also didn’t live as though nothing were a miracle either.     I guess I fell somewhere in between.  





 [July 4, 2018 is the day his beautiful wife Laurie suffered a brain aneurysm, thank God she is making a miraculous recovery and we continue to pray for her full recovery.]  



He said my views have changed so much since then, and I appreciate everything so much more than I used to.  My suggestion to you is to live in the moment, it’s hard to do, but if you learn how to do that, you can appreciate miracles.


Brain’s suggestion calls us to follow St. Francis de Sales who teaches us, “To live the present moment” and that is really all we have to honor God.  “Above all, trust the slow work of God.   
                                                

We are quite naturally impatient in everything to reach the end without delay …. Give Our Lord the benefit of believing that his hand is leading you, and accept the anxiety of feeling your self in suspense and incomplete.”  (Teilhard de Chardin, Patient Trust)

Pope Francis said, “Faith opens a ‘window’ to the presence and working of the Spirit.  It shows us that, like happiness, holiness is always tied to little gestures….

Today look for the windows the Holy Spirit sends your way and allow God’s air to fill your actions, fill your little gestures with the love of God.

May God Be Praised!




No comments:

Post a Comment