Saturday, September 7, 2019


Four years ago today I retired from my position at De Sales University after 36 years of joy-filled work.  My son Brian and my daughter Elizabeth shared the thoughts of the Kelly family and really the DeSales Community.  Those reflections are below as well as my response.  May you be blessed today and every day.


 


Brain’s message 9-07-15

 “I just wanted to reach out to you on the eve of your last day of official work at DeSales. I have no doubts that it is bittersweet.  You have been associated with the university almost as many years as I have been on the planet. That is a remarkable feat that not many people can say they've ever accomplished.

While I am sure there may be some anxiety as you turn off the lights and shut the door for the last time, know that you are an inspiration to many people, especially your kids.  One thing that I have been able to appreciate is your tireless work ethic and devotion to your family, the Lord, and of course DeSales.

DeSales is like your 6th child, there are so many memories that you have with that place.  I wish you nothing but happiness in your retired life.  I am sure it will be an awesome feeling this time tomorrow knowing that you do not have to set an alarm to make that drive to Center Valley.  I look forward to many extended visits in the future.  I love you.”


Elizabeth’s message 9-07-15

“And it all comes full circle for the Deac, back to Dooling Hall, where he started as a student in '65, where he met my Mom at a mixer, where he started working in Admissions and today, where he ended his last day... footprints left on the hearts of all the lives he touched.”

My response to retirement well wishes the ones above and the hundreds that I carry in my heart is below.

“A humble and grateful thank you, I offer each of you this morning, for the prayers, thoughts and comments on my retirement from Allentown College of St. Francis deSales and DeSales University yesterday.

My student days and my employee days are a precious gift from our loving God.  Each of you will be in my prayers as I continue my journey, now by other paths; may we meet often, and praise God often.
In one of the Morning Prayer antiphons we pray, "Lord, let the light of your face shine upon us."

May each of us recognize that light each moment here on earth, until we are in the Presence of that Light, eternally when every tear will be wiped away!”



May God Be Praised!






No comments:

Post a Comment