Monday, September 30, 2019





A five-year-old boy was home with his father. This was the first time his Dad had to put his son to bed.  After some maneuvering and a lot of fun, the boys’ Dad got him into bed.




The little boy said, “But Daddy, I have to say my prayers.”   He usually knelt and prayed: “Now I lay be down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep; if I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.”

But on this night he looked up at his dad and then raised his eyes to heaven and prayed, “Dear God, make me a great big good man like my daddy. Amen.”  A few minutes later he was in bed asleep.

Then the father knelt by his son’s bedside and prayed, “Dear Lord, make me a great big good man like my boy thinks I am.”




Dear Lord thank you for the gift of faith, may I use it to know You and to make You know.

May God Be Praised!




No comments:

Post a Comment