Sunday, January 30, 2022

Blog Post 1/30/2022 – Some Thoughts on Prayer


 

Some Thoughts on Prayer

 

 

During our COVID Pandemic we should take the sometime to focus on Prayer.  

Below are Three Pillars to help us deepen our life in God:

 

o   Silence

 

o   Listening

 

o   Putting our Heart into our Hands for God

The Our Father has two essential elements in it, 1. “Thy will be done” and 2. “Your Kingdom come.”  Are those two elements central to your spiritual life, central to each decision you make?

 


Thomas Merton wrote in Thoughts in Solitude, “I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.” (Thoughts in Solitude, p. 81) 

There may be no better time to pray the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr:

“God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.”  Amen

A lot to ponder as we journey through the pandemic, take a little time to ponder?

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us.

St. Francis de Sales, pray for us.

May God Be Praised and your day be Blessed.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment