Friday, December 10, 2021

Blog Post - 12/10/2021 – An Advent Prayer


 

An Advent Prayer

 

“Night will be no more, nor will they need the light of a lamp or the sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they shall reign for ever.  They shall see him face to face and bear his name on their foreheads.  For the Lord God will be their light, and they shall reign for ever.” [Revelation 22:5, 4]

 

“During the darkness of Advent and Covid help me to move beyond the familiar and into the unknown.  Give me the courage to walk on fresh spiritual ground while firmly planted in faith with You.  Christ of the cosmos and beyond, I trust You to be the calm that mutes the storms in me and around me.  I trust that in the shadows of the night, You are with me at my side. My spirit longs for music of heaven, and for You.  When the light of dawn appears may it swallow up my fears so in my hope, Your light can shine through me.”  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us.

St. Joseph, pray for us.

St. Andre Bessette, intercede for us. 

St. Francis de Sales, pray for us.

“Tune my spirit to the music of heaven.”  [St. Brendan the Navigator]

 May God Be Praised and your day be Blessed.

 

*The image above is available at the Salesian Shop https://www.salesianshop.com/the-sacred-artwork-of-bro-mickey-mcgrath/


 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment