Saturday, March 27, 2021

 

OLPH School Homily Cycle I 3/26/2021

Readings: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/readings/032621.cfm

 

COVID has disrupted our lives, my wife and I haven’t been to Georgia to visit our son Brian, his wife Laurie and their children CJ and Berkleigh since Christmas 2019.  Laurie has made great progress, so they thank you for your prayers and your continued prayers [especially 1st grade this Lent].  She recently received this report card on her progress. [see below] COVID has caused a lot of death and sickness, but also enabled many people to be generous and kind to those in need.

 

Pope Francis said, “Lent is about discerning [figuring out] where our hearts are directed…. Where is my life’s navigation taking me – towards God or towards myself?”  In our First Reading Jeremiah’s friends were not trying to help him, they didn’t want him to succeed.  But God was with him and he trusted God.

 

 

 

In today’s Gospel they tried to stone Jesus because they refused to believe that He was “the Son of God.”  Following Jesus sometimes is very difficult, doing the right thing is sometimes very difficult.  Jesus calls us to be kind and to find good in each person we meet.

 

Each morning I begin my day with the Direction of Intention.  It sets me in the correct path for the day and I return to it during the day.  At the end of each day, I try to pray the Day Is Ending Prayer but most days, truth be told, I fall asleep before I finish.  I do manage to offer the Our Father for someone who has no one to pray for them [as I asked you to do].

 

We should remember what Pope Francis taught us, “Prayer is the breath of the soul.”  So, we need to pray to spiritually stay alive.  This Sunday is Palm Sunday, and we begin a most holy and solemn week to prepare us to celebrate Easter Sunday and the Easter Season.  We celebrate the Trinity One God, Three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  As Lent draws to an end let’s take time to review what we have done or failed to do and make next week a special week of spiritual gifts that we can give to God.

 

Saint Joseph, pray for us.

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.

May God Be Praised!

 

 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment