Thursday, March 4, 2021

Offered by Dcn. George Kelly


 

                                                       Spiritual Food for Lent

 

 

St. Ignatius of Antioch said, "It is not that I want merely to be called a Christian, but to actually be one. Yes, if I prove to be one, then I can have the name."

 


 

 

 

 


St. Therese of Lisieux wrote, "He does not come down from Heaven each day to stay in the gold ciborium. He comes down to find another Heaven He cherishes infinitely more than the first, the Heaven of our souls, made in His image, living temples of the Most Blessed Trinity!"

 

 

 

St. Francis de Sales wrote, “The road to Heaven is not so hard to find as the world would have you think.” [Intro. to the Devout Life, 47]   

“It is much harder to travel it, then to find it.”  Dcn. George Kelly

Lent provides us with an opportunity to look at our lives from God’s perspective and make all the necessary adjustments.

St. Francis offers us this prayer to start our day:

My God, I give you this day.

I offer you, now, all of the good

that I shall do …

and

I promise to accept, for love of you,

all of the difficulty that I shall meet.

Help me to conduct myself during this day In a manner [most] pleasing to you.

 

Saint Joseph, pray for us.

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.

May God Be Praised!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment