Friday, March 12, 2021


 

                                    Lent is a time to look at our lives

 


 

 

 

St. Francis de Sales said, “Never look at what the world offers without considering what it hides.”  [Gentle Gifts: Sts. Francis de Sales and Jane de Chantal]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

St. Jane de Chantal offers us this advice, “Your life obliges you to sail on the stormy sea of this world, but try never to swallow its water, but drink only from the serenity of Divine grace.”  [Ibid.]

 

 

 

 


 

In the book of Exodus we read, “You have seen for yourselves how I bore you up on eagle wings and brought you here to myself. Therefore, if you hearken to my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my special possession, dearer to me than all other people, though all the earth is mine. You shall be to me a kingdom of priests, a holy nation.”  [19:4-6a]

 

God of mercy, you gave us new life through Baptism, may Your grace fill us with Your likeness, and may we walk in Your ways, and reveal Your image by our actions.

 

Saint Joseph, pray for us.

Saint Andre Bessette intercede for us.

May God Be Praised!

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment