Saturday, November 14, 2020

 


 

 

 

Today we should take a few minutes to remember that God has a plan for us, let’s try to figure it out and then live it as best we can.

 

 

 

St. Anthony of Padua said, "The Lord manifests Himself to those who stop for some time in peace and humility of heart. If you look in murky and turbulent waters, you cannot see the reflection of your face. If you want to see the face of Christ, stop and collect your thoughts in silence, and close the door of your soul to the noise of external things."

 

In the Book for Jeremiah we find, “I know well the plans I have in mind for you, plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope. When you call me, and come and pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, and I will change your lot.” (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

 

 

St. John Bosco taught, "We find ourselves in this earth as in a tempestuous sea, in a desert, in a vale of tears. Now then, Mary is the Star of the Sea, the solace of our desert, the light that guides us towards heaven."

 

St. Francis de Sales created this word – UNIDIVERSITY - to express how important it is for us to stay unified as a human family and celebrate our beautiful diversity at the same time. Unity and diversity must go hand in hand if we want to rise above and move beyond our divisiveness.

 

After you thank God for that “…spend your time loving people ….”  God will take care of the rest.   “Don’t waste your time trying to get people to love you. Instead, spend your time loving people and the other will follow.” 

(Colors, “The Enchanted Bird”, pg. 78)

 

I guess we should love God as best we can and be God’s light in our world.

 

May God Be Praised!

A Prayer for Our Nation

Loving God help us to serve those who are shunned or eschewed; guide our civic leaders; bless our nation; and bestow Your grace upon our elected officials and anoint them with the desire to foster the common good.  Amen.     [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment