Thursday, November 19, 2020

A Daily Dose of God


 

 

St. Paul advised the Romans, and his advice is pertinent for us today, “Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, so that you may judge what is God’s will, what is good, pleasing and perfect.”  [12:2]

 

 

Our renewal is offered by Jesus Christ through Holy Mother Church and in particular through the sacraments.  We are to shine the Light of Christ on the darkness of our world by how we live.

 

Today spend some time in prayer to make sure your light is shining His Light on the darkness of our world.

 

May God Be Praised!

 

            A Prayer for Our Nation

Loving God help us to serve those who are shunned or eschewed; guide our civic leaders; bless our nation; and bestow Your grace upon our elected officials and anoint them with the desire to foster the common good.  Amen.     Dcn. George Kelly]

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 





1 comment:

  1. Thank You George, for the spiritual guidance needed in our lives. We wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete