Thursday, November 26, 2020

A Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving Amid the COVID Pandemic

 

Ralph Waldo Emerson offered this Thanksgiving Prayer:

For each new morning with its light,

For rest and shelter of the night,

For health and food,

For love and friends,

For everything thy goodness sends.

 

Msgr. Buckley offered this Thanksgiving prayer - For appreciating others:

 

We thank you, Father, for the gift of Jesus your Son who came to our Earth and lived in a simple home. We have a greater appreciation of the value and dignity of the human family because he loved and was loved within its shelter. Bless us this day; may we grow in love for each other in our family and so give thanks to you who are the maker of all human families and our abiding peace.

[The Catholic Prayer Book, compiled by Msgr. Michael Buckley]

 

Samuel F. Pugh offered this prayer - Help Me Thanksgiving Day Prayer

 

O God, when I have food, help me to remember the hungry;

When I have work, help me to remember the jobless;

When I have a home, help me to remember those who have no home at all;

When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer,

And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency;

bestir my compassion, and be concerned enough to help;

By word and deed, those who cry out for what we take for granted.

Amen.

 

Today, Thanksgiving Day I offer this prayer:

Lord our God for all that has been thank you,

for all that is thank you, and for all that will be thank you.

For an end to the COVID 19 Pandemic, I beg You,

For a safe& joy filled Thanksgiving Celebration, I beg You,

For a deeper awareness of Your love & care, I implore You.

 

Sometime today reflect on Winnie-the-Pooh’s profound insight shared with Piglet.

 

 

May God Be Praised!

 

 

 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment