Saturday, November 21, 2020

 

Last Sunday we heard in the first reading [from Proverbs]:

“When one finds a worthy wife,

her value is far beyond pearls.

Her husband, entrusting his heart to her,

has an unfailing prize.

She brings him good, and not evil,

all the days of her life.

She obtains wool and flax

and works with loving hands.

She puts her hands to the distaff,

and her fingers ply the spindle.

She reaches out her hands to the poor,

and extends her arms to the needy.

Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting;

the woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Give her a reward for her labors,

and let her works praise her at the city gates.”

 

Today my wife and I celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary, and I am grateful to God for sending her into my life and for her yes, to marrying me.  She is wonderful in so many.  She is my wife, my best friend, a wonderful mother to our children, a terrific grandmother, sings like an angel, a beautiful person, and she reflects God’s love in so many ways.

 

“Marriage is not a ritual or an end.  It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together and nothing matters more than your own sense of balance and your choice of partner.”  I have been blessed with a wonderful partner.

St. Paul tells us that Love is: “patient, kind, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails.”  In marriage love is stretched and stretched again, but with the grace of God it increases and perdures. 

 

 


 

 

We have remained in God's love and in love with each other, a beautiful gift.  Victor Hugo wrote, “To love another is to see the face of God.”           St. Francis de Sales said, “The measure of love is to love without measure.”  We have tried to live that in our marriage, may we continue each day that God grants us.

 

Today I thank God for my wife, my best friend and the wonderful mother of our children, who is a terrific mother-in-law and grandmother.

 

May God Be Praised!

            A Prayer for Our Nation

Loving God help us to serve those who are shunned or eschewed; guide our civic leaders; bless our nation; and bestow Your grace upon our elected officials and anoint them with the desire to foster the common good.  Amen.     Dcn. George Kelly]

 

COVID 19 Pandemic Prayer

 

Hear my cry!  “Lord, listen to my prayer: turn your ear to my appeal.”  You are my refuge and my hope, I turn to you during this COVID 19 Pandemic and plead for Your intercession.  In Your mercy and Your compassion “… grant eternal rest to the dead, comfort to mourners, healing to the sick ….”

[Psalm 143 and Collect from Mass Time in Pandemic]

 

Provide strength to the first responders, compassion to the medical personnel, and wisdom to government leaders.  End this coronavirus scourge.  Send Your light to me as I wander in the darkness of this pandemic and give me hope in Your eternal love today and every day.  Amen.  [Dcn. George Kelly]

 

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment